Monday, March 13, 2017

"Freedom" Poem by Chloe...


Here is a poem I wrote when I was in High School. I hope that ya'll enjoy!
(Sorry that is might not be too good or not formed right, but in school Literature was not my best subject!)


"Freedom" 
by Chloe Hadassah

We were in bondage, held by chains
Living in sorrow, and great pains
In our cry for deliverance, we gave a great plea
So at Boston Harbor, we threw in the tea
Then at last, the first shot rang out
And the men who gave their lives lay about
In eight years, our Freedom we won
The decades of slavery, they were gone
But all of this, it will not ever compare
To the Man, who took all our despair
The glorious Freedom we find in Him
No song can some close, not even a hymn
Yes, He took the sins of the world upon Him
            was nailed to a tree
He suffered as no man has
                     He did it for you and me
His Name is Jesus, the Son of God
     Heaven He's in
Surrender your heart, receive His grand Freedom
       from all your sin

I hope that you enjoyed it! 

Love ya'll!

God Bless!!

Is.53:5, Phil.4:13 KJV

Chloe

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Chloe! I thought it was really good! I enjoy reading other people's poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)March 14, 2017 at 6:28 PM

    Wow! This was amazing! You did an amazing job, this was the best! I LOVED IT!!! I love poetry, I write poetry too! Do you write it a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Actually, I don't write poetry but I had to write this for Literature when I was in High School, so... I'm sure that you write wonderful poetry!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approval! I enjoy replying to comments! And here are the rules for comments: No language, and no sassing my family or anything I post about them. And no putting down Jesus. If you do any of these things, then I WILL NOT post your comment.