Sunday, February 12, 2017

Another Passage From The Book...



23 chapters. 176 pages. 66,422 words. I have read the book straight through for editing for the first time, with many more times to come. And by the time I'm through with it completely, the word and page count is going to change!

I wanted to post another passage from the book so I hope that you enjoy! And don't forget to tell all your friends about the website for it, if you want! 

(the link is http://givegodtheglory.weebly.com)

So, here it is:

Jake's hold on Lorraine wouldn't let up as she begged him to let her go with each step. He acted as though he didn't hear her as he drug her into the house, slamming the door behind them as he shoved her forward.
"Dad, please," She begged as he continued the pace toward her room, her heart racing. "Don't do this. Please. I was one date. What is so bad about that? You told me to find someone to go out with. Dad-"
"Shut up!" He yelled as he threw her inside her room, as a result having her land on the edge of her bed and sliding to the floor. Jake took a step forward, glaring down at her. "I told you to come straight home today and you disobeyed me, you stupid girl!"
A tear rolled down her cheek as she stood. The three most important words a girl wants to hear from her Dad; I love you. But the three words she had always heard were the complete opposite. You stupid girl. Maybe he was right.
Lorraine tried to straightened her shoulders, not wanting to show how afraid she really was of the man before her. Most girls at fourteen probably had love for their Dad but not her. There was only hate. Deep hate. So deep that she couldn't remember when it began.
Jake walked toward her and she didn't have to guess what was soon coming. She closed her eyes and the next moment she was stumbling back onto her bed, only to be jerked back up and thrown to the floor.
A faint glimmer of darkness appeared as her eyelids flickered open, only to close again from the impact of it. Lorraine seemed to be swimming through the air with the whole world below her: far below.
With a shiver of fear passing through her still body she only then realized the pain that came with the low breaths she had taken. A cough fought to come up and would have if she hadn't refused to let it up, fearing what would happen.
Zaydan. Her whole body seemed to convulse at she thought of the name. In her mind she could see him standing over her, his eyes piercing into her being and his hands waiting to get a hold of her again. A single tear slide down the side of her face as she lived in that moment, not even wanting to open her eyes again.
She took another painful breath as dizziness enveloped her, nausea quickly sweeping in. She began to shake from head to toe, sending pain shooting to her head. Lorraine felt her senses fading when a sound from somewhere around her caused her shaking body to still with great fear.

Then a wonderful but terrible thought came as the last thing she remembered. I'm dying....

I hope that you enjoyed it! And let me know if you want more! 
As far as I know, the book is called "The Light".

Thank you all for your support!

God Bless!!

Is.53:5, Phil.4:13 KJV

Chloe

Drawn by the wonderful Alisha from Alisha In Progress
I apologize that my picture of it is blurry! 



4 comments:

  1. Olivia Bell (aka Livy)February 14, 2017 at 12:35 PM

    Wow! So interesting! I want to read more!!!! When will it be published?? This is so exciting, you publishing a book! Are you using CreateSpace? You're a really talented author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olivia! Not sure exactly when it will be published, but it will be soon hopefully! (I'm doing the editing for now, so...) Yes, I'm using CreateSpace!
      Thank you for the compliment! God has helped with it, so I give Him all the credit!
      God Bless!

      Delete

Your comment will be visible after approval! I enjoy replying to comments! And here are the rules for comments: No language, and no sassing my family or anything I post about them. And no putting down Jesus. If you do any of these things, then I WILL NOT post your comment.