Friday, December 30, 2016

New Life Resolution...


2017. A new year. I know a lot of people are making their bucket list for 2017, or New Year Resolutions. They're determined to complete the list, do everything they have written down by December 31. 
It says in the Bible to "Put off the old man". When we except Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are no longer the old man that we once were. We are new creations in Christ Jesus. 
Now, please don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting or meaning to put anyone down. But when we except Jesus, shouldn't we resolve to live like He would like us to live? Shouldn't we make it a life long thing, not just a year? 
I know that you have things on your bucket list that are just fun things you would like to accomplish and I'm not saying that it's wrong. 
But why just one year? I'm sure most of you have things on that list like "Draw closer to God", or "Become a better person". Why just this year? Shouldn't we have been doing that when we excepted Christ? Isn't stuff like that supposed to be a life long resolve?
If we care enough to strive to ex off everything on that list, then I think we should strive to put God first. Read an extra five chapters in God's Word every time you put an ex on that list. Pray thirty minutes more. 
I challenge us all to long to serve God and want to be like Him more then we care about accomplishing all those list. We should have a New Life Resolution-To honor God and serve Him with our whole heart and lives.

I apologize if I have offended anyone, I didn't mean to do that. I just feel like I should write this. And I speak to myself, as well. 

Thank You for reading!

God Bless!!

Is.53:5, Phil.4:13 KJV

Chloe 

4 comments:

  1. This was wonderful! I didn't get offended at all, it was so true! Thanks for the encouragement! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not offensive! We need more people like you who are willing to say what God puts on their hearts, even though some people may not like it. Very true!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approval! I enjoy replying to comments! And here are the rules for comments: No language, and no sassing my family or anything I post about them. And no putting down Jesus. If you do any of these things, then I WILL NOT post your comment.