Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Passage From My Book...


Soo...I haven't been letting anyone read from the book that God is helping me write(and help from my Daddy! ;). But I wanted to share with ya'll a small bit that would be interesting...but wouldn't give anything away. I thought this passage might work.
It's not fully edited, so I'm sorry about any mistakes you will probably find. Lol
So, I hope that you enjoy, and I will be getting this book published when I'm through unless I hear otherwise from God.

Let me know what you think in the comments below! And any writers out there, please let me know how I can improve in writing! Thank You! I appreciate your advice!

Hopefully I will see you all at the blog party the 19th at 5:30 central time!

Love Ya'll!

Here goes...


"Dad, stop!"
Lorraine always begged for the beatings to stop, even though it never did any good. She tried to catch herself from falling as Jake shoved her back, but to no avail as she fell to the ground, her back banging against the lamp, causing it to crash to the floor.
She scooting backwards, trying to get out of Jake's reach, her breaths shaky from fright. Feeling her back press against the wall, she could feel the coldness of the it seep into her...feeling just as cold as her dad had treated her her whole life.
Lorraine leaned up, not wanting to be lowering below Jake to he could glare down at her, like she knew he so loved doing. He marched toward her, yelling out every word that she had heard him use her entire miserable years of being alive.
What did I do to deserve this? She brought up her arm to shield her face against the next blow as Jake drew near, his face red from the strain of working-the only work he ever did was toward her and Doris when he was drunk and sober. He cursed her, cursed the day she was born and cursed her mom for giving birth to such a good for nothing child. She didn't bother crying out for Doris to save her, as she never did. Always leaving her to take the brute of her dad on her own.
Jake grabbed her arm and yanked her up, the yelling growing louder and louder in her ear. This time she didn't have a chance to beg for him to stop. He grabbed the nearest thing he could get his hands on and the next moment she was crumbling to the floor, the side of her head throbbing.
Her eyes were closed, hearing him walk away, as memories flashed across her mind. She could feel the hurt as the other students laughed at her for all the bruises and scars on her face and arms. The embarrassment of no boy wanting to take her out, and the few that did never speaking to her again. Remembering never having Doris come and comfort her as a mom should after Jake was through with her. As she lay there in her room at night, feeling rejected and alone, her mom never came to comfort her, to tell her that she was sorry and that it would all be okay.
The memories of the worst moments of her unhappy life came  and then left the next moment, leaving her all alone as everyone had always left her in life. She felt the warmth of something running down her cheeks from her head, knowing that she was bleeding.
"Oh, God!" She cried as she lay there, her battered body shivering from the cold and loneliness. The tears ran down her eyes and join the blood in flowing down her cheeks...

Lorraine jerked her eyes opened, having to blink a few times to clear her vision of the tears. The tears? She leaned up on the couch as she wiped at her face as she looked around the small apartment, realizing that she had fallen asleep while watching the TV.
Picking up her phone from beside of her, she walked out the door, not bothering to turn off the television when she left. She walked out the building and sat down on the stairs, hoping to leave her memories from only a few moments before behind.
It never worked before...no matter how many times and how hard  I've tried.
Her phone announced a call, and she looked over, seeing that it was from Jessica. She sighed as she answered, hoping that she was in a better mood then she was the last time she had talked with her.
"Hey."
"What are you doing?"
"Sitting outside the apartment. You?"                                                               
"Heading to the mall." There was a pause before she went on. "Well?"
"'Well' what?"
She sighed, sounding agitated. "You know what I mean. Did you talk to William about this thing?"
Lorraine sighed herself as she stretched her leg out in front of her, hoping that she wouldn't have brought it up. But she should have known that she would have.
"Yes."
Jessica grunted, almost growled, through clenched teeth before the spoke. "I told you-What did he say?"
She didn't want to answer her, but she knew that tell her sooner or later. "Religion. God stuff."
"You'll regret this," Was all she said before she cut off the call.
Lorraine sighed as she laid the phone beside of her, pushing some loose strands of hair behind her ear, her eyes catching a glimpse of the tattoo on her arm.
She looked down at it as though she was seeing it for the first time. The more she stared at it, the bigger it got. The longer the arrow became, the larger the heart got.
"I don't think William has a tattoo," She said to herself as she gazed on it, her eyes not moving for a few seconds.
She finally pulled her eyes away and slowly picked up her phone again as she suddenly felt the need to talk with someone. And she wanted to talk to a certain someone. Someone who would listen to her, and, she knew, would listen as long as she wanted.

God Bless!!

Is.53:5, Phil.4:13 KJV

Chloe   


15 comments:

  1. This is SOOO good and will be very powerful. Love it! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very interesting! I really want to read more, when will you be publishing it, if you want to say when?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Maybe I'll post another passage sometime...I will be publishing it when I finish, and like I said unless I hear different from God. (gonna go work on it now, actually! lol)

      Delete
  3. Oh I really want to read it!!! So good Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOODNESS, this is amazing!!!!! I can't wait to read the rest 😍😘😀💓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo glad that you liked it! I'm excited for everyone to read it!

      Delete
  5. Wonder who she gonna talk to? I wouldn't dare say anything bad about your wonderful family or Jesus. I love both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...i might tell you sometime! yup, my family and Jesus is pretty amazing, ain't they?? wouldn't trade them for the world!
      love ya! thanks for all your help! :):):)

      Delete
  6. OH WOW!!! YOU HAVE TO POST MORE SOON BECAUSE IT IS SO EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Thank You So Much! i'll have to try and do that! it's hard to find a passage that won't give anything away! lol

      Delete
  7. This is great!! I can't wait to read more and see how it all turns out! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approval! I enjoy replying to comments! And here are the rules for comments: No language, and no sassing my family or anything I post about them. And no putting down Jesus. If you do any of these things, then I WILL NOT post your comment.