Thursday, January 7, 2016

A tribute to Grannie...


Everyone, my Grannie passed away the second of this month. She was at a rehab center to recover from being sick, and had been there for a few weeks. It was quite a shock when she passed on.

We loved Grannie very much. She was wonderful to us all, and such a talented lady. She could cross-stitch, knit, crochet, cook, and so much more. She taught me and my sister how to cross-stitch a few years ago. And she was working on knitting a blanket for each of us girls, including Mama and Mama's dog, Molly, who she loved very much. She didn't get to finish Beth's or start Shalom's, though, which we are sorry for.

She had this tradition that every year around Christmas she would come here and make candy for us, and let us help. We would make peanut butter candy, chocolate candy, peanut butter and chocolate marshmallow candy, peanut butter and chocolate balls, and she would make little things out of the left over mix!! It was such fun, and we're sad that we didn't get to do it with her this year.

Grannie loved to cook for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Her specialties were baking the duck, green-bean casserole, and pistachio salad that she loved to make!! It was all very delicious, and I loved to eat them all!!

I could go on and on telling you all the things she loved to do and how she loved to feed the stray cats that came around her house, how she loved the cats and Molly here, and how she loved her family and would do anything we needed and did at times. But that could take up pages after pages.

I really love this song, and I would like to share it with you. So, please enjoy the song and I hope that you enjoyed getting to know my Grannie, at least a small part of her!

(Sorry for mistakes, and her favorite color was purple)

-Clo-

#unashamed 



    


7 comments:

  1. Grannie was a remarkable woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I painted my nails purple for her funeral and after I had done it my mom told me that that was her fav color;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a remarkable woman, and I miss her lots...

      Delete
  2. Very sweet Chloe. She loved all of you so:( Chloe OOEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, she always called me Chloe OOEE... :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when you always called her " my grannie" one day Beth said, " I wish I had a grannie like Chloe does"

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be visible after approval! I enjoy replying to comments! And here are the rules for comments: No language, and no sassing my family or anything I post about them. And no putting down Jesus. If you do any of these things, then I WILL NOT post your comment.